Sunday, June 13, 2010

June is busting out all over.

It really is! It's fully exploded and it's great. With the Ronaldo's sister's wedding coming up soon and our moving in to our new place at the end of the month I'm anticipating the rest of it will be a whirlwind. It seems like June is always my most social month of the year. I thought I might post some photos from the past few weeks (from my shiny new Lumix camera!) to highlight the explosion's aftermath.


This is the first photo I took on my new camera. This is a boat on a bike ride I took. I'm looking forward to some dazzling pictures in my future. Rest in Peace, old Sony. Your blurry days are over.



These are wedding shower cookies. I know. As you may or may not know, Ronaldo's family is of Italian heritage. I, as you may or may not know, am fifth generation south western Ontarian, or a "caker". A tradition at an Italian wedding shower is to offer tray upon tray of homemade Italian cookies. Apparently people bring their own tupperware and load up on them in a free-for-all style. Linda, Ronaldo's sister, wanted none of this, and decided to pre-pack the cookies so everyone got some. Let me just say that I have never seen so many cookies in my whole life. It was magic.





Our first bike ride on the Toronto Island. We picked a beautiful day to go. It was warm enough to dip your feet in the water! We packed a thermos of wine and some of the cookies seen above and had an awesome afternoon. It's nice that there is a place to get away from the craziness of Toronto, and it's only a ferry ride away!


I am a HUGE Dave Matthews Band fan. Big. I go see them every year. This year's Toronto show was extra special as not only were we FRONT ROW, but I was with the whole of team M, better known as my sisters. Between the three of us we've seen Dave Matthews over 30 times, but this is the first time we've seen them all together.

Best. Show. Ever.



You may be thinking that I've abandoned my art, but I saved the best for last. Yes, I am still working away! I finished this year's D.I.Y. cover for Broken Pencil Magazine. I thought I would give you a sneak peek at the inking. You'll have to stay tuned to see the final piece.

I hope that you are enjoying your Junes so far too!


1 comment:

  1. Hey man what's with your blog, I totally left a comment here and now it's gone!

    ReplyDelete