Thursday, May 6, 2010

Getting the itch to stitch.

Hello.

I make no excuses this time. I should have posted, I didn't post, I apologize.

That being said, I really haven't been up to much to do with my own art. A project fell through, my phone has been pretty quiet, and I have been working much too much in Mississauga (which is to Toronto what Jersey is to the big apple).

On other people's front, a very talented friend of mine, Ben Sellick, had his very first showing (not his last) yesterday evening. I am envious of his ability to work big. Let me tell ya folks, it ain't easy. I love the energy in each piece, the colours he uses, the composition.... there is a reason people have been bugging him for ages to show. Here's a shot of one of the pieces.


This does zero justice to how awesome (and huge) his work is in real life, so if you are in Toronto in the next month, you should pop by Insomnia , a restaurant and bar at the corner of Bathurst and Bloor. His work is on display until the first week of June.

On another note, it's been months since I last embroidered and I am starting to miss it. Badly. I'm going to have to get back to it, or else. Here is an embroidered piece I did last year-

I will post new embroidery as it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment