Sunday, September 12, 2010

The glitz and glamour of premiere night.


You may think that I am referring to the Toronto International Film Festival (which, in fact, is happening right now and IS pretty exciting) but no. Tonight at the Leslie Jones on Queen Street East in Toronto, is the opening night for the highly anticipated POST NO BILLS 2. The show is organized by the talented Jeremy Kaposy as was the first POST NO BILLS that happened last November. The theme of the show revolves around movie posters. The lineup of talent in this show is impressive and includes...

Jamie Tucker
Sooyeong Lee
Gavin McCarthy
Jeremy Kaposy
Don Wilkinson
Zen Rankin
Alana McCarthy
Tyrone McCarthy
Me
Matt Joudrey
Andre Jolicoeur
Andrew Duff
Lisa Cote
Justin Erickson
Jason Loo
Brian Hoang
Jeff Smalley
Evan Munday
Gillian Newland

I bet you're getting goosebumps, eh? The art is going to blow your mind! The event starts at 7, but come on down any time as it's going to be a hopping party until late.


In personal news, I am tired. Really, really sleepy. I have been working from the minute I get home from my day job into the wee hours of the morning every night for the past week getting ready for the crawl and the show above. I'm a truly lucky girl that I have Ronaldo to make dinners and do dishes. Otherwise my desk would be surrounded by empty sandwich wrappings or I would not eat at all. I barely finished my piece for the show above- by the skin of my teeth I did. I have brought some paintings in to my framer, and spent yesterday at home depot figuring out how I'm going to hang everything in an outdoor venue. I feel like things are starting to fall into place, but I still have a ton of work to do prior to next Saturday morning. I will do my best to post some of my progress this week, even if it's at 2:30 just before I hit the hay. As sleep deprived as I am, when I'm not breaking down in tears saying that I'm never going to be ready and why did I ever sign up for this it's kind of fun.

Back to my desk I go. I hope to see you at the Lesley Jones tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment