Thursday, April 28, 2011

Patience is a virtue.

And yet, all I want to do is curl up in front of the TV out of the crazy rainy weather here in Toronto. Maybe watch a royal wedding. I am totally looking forward to the Will and Kate nuptials tomorrow morning, who's kidding who. 

On to what's been on the to do list and what is left to do. As I mentioned in prior posts, I've been hand painting shoes for job. Though it was a time consuming and exhausting job I had an amazing time actually painting. I often need to work fast and have the wonder of Photoshop to fall back on if I smudge up an illustration. In opposite fashion I took my time and exercised patience to make sure that the shoe art fit what the art director needed. Removing the "rush" aspect of the process also removed the "frustration" part of it. I felt calm and confident. I learned to adapt my painting style to work on the bumpy surface to create readable images. I'm happy with the way all five shoes turned out and I can't wait to share the whole finished product with you when it comes out.  Until then, you'll have to make due with these shots.



 I have been working on roughs for another illustration job (on paper) and have used the same care to come up with concepts for it. This weekend I will be working on the finals this weekend and will be taking the time to make them perfect. 


I am really pumped that I'm starting to make some income on my Mondays. I am bound and determined to keep up the momentum. I have loads of applications for various things out in the atmosphere and am definitely using patience while waiting for responses. Of course, the minute I hear anything at all it will be all over this blog. 


I'm grateful that my friends are being patient while waiting for their long overdue Christmas presents. I am working on them now and will get them completed before Mothers' Day. Here's a little preview to prove my progress.

It's getting late and I have an early morning of wedding watching ahead of me. Off to bed I go. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment