Sunday, May 15, 2011

Workin' it in the rain.

Copyright Claire Manning

Copyright Claire Manning
This, my friends, has been the prettiest part of the whole weekend. The May flowers are certainly here and beautiful. Unfortunately, the April showers have not taken the hint and scrammed. Today was ugly. I decided to go for a walk with Ronaldo anyway. I am happy I did because after years of admiring The Workroom and the fabulous Make Something blog, I finally went in to the store. 
Courtesy of BlogTO.com
 The Workroom is located freakishly close to my house at 1340 Queen Street West. It is brimming with beautiful fabric, wonderful books, and offer a wide variety of sewing classes at all levels. They have a free monthly "stitch-n-bitch" that I will attend when I have my new embroidery project underway. And, in the case today, they put on some amazing craft and hand work sales called Trunk Shows. I was lucky enough to run across the Spring Trunk Show.
Copyright Claire Manning     
The place was packed and it had a great creative vibe. It was just what I needed to get in the mood to do my own work. I made some purchases on the show side, but was completely mesmerized with the colour coordinated wall of fabric.
Copyright Claire Manning
 I ended up falling in love with a floral laminated cotton. I bought the last of it and am planning on making myself a work tote. 
Copyright Claire Manning
As usual, my little super model had to get into the shot. I think she outdid herself- what's more beautiful? Ramona or the fabric? Seriously. 

Information on all the neat things The Workroom has to offer just head to their website, www.theworkroom.ca. If you live in Toronto I would recommend a drop in for sure. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment