Wednesday, June 8, 2011

That warm, fuzzy feeling.

Yes, the warm weather has arrived. Some may say it's muggy, but it really does give me a fuzzy wuzzy feeling inside. I was clearly meant to be born south of the equator. Cold weather and me are oil and vinegar. I love every sweaty minute of the summer and am looking forward to three solid months of it. 

June has brought more than just a sun tan for me. I am June's artist of the month at Three in a Box! You can check out my profile here. I know that I've mentioned the fine folks at Three in a Box before, but just as a refresher, they are my artist representatives. There are three reps here in Toronto and one across the pond in London, UK. I enjoy having representatives. It's nice to know that there is always someone that has your back and that believes in your work. They do good work and I am honoured to be their artist pick for June.

Now on to the work that comes through Three in a Box. I can now share with you the latest illustration project that has just gone into publication. I completed 5 spot illustrations for the magazine Canadian Underwriter.  For these spots I used a slightly different technique than usual. I played with opacity of the fills to create a slightly watercolour, softer feel while still using my ink line work. 
Copyright Claire Manning
Copyright Claire Manning
You can see the rest on my website and on the Canadian Underwriter website. They were a great client to work with. It's been a while since I've done business themed work and it was nice to get into it again. I'm happy with the way that they all turned out. 

I spent my day yesterday running errands (so I could be in the sun) and sanding old frames to refinish them. I have lots of little tasks to do, and, as long as the sun is shining, I will do as many of them outside as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment