Thursday, February 4, 2010

No Problems!

You will all be happy to know that I have survived almost a full week at my new job. Perhaps I should clarify that I survived almost a week of a 3 hour daily commute on public transit. I feel like if I can get through the week like this then I should be good to go until I can buy me some sweet wheels or find a carpool buddy. Anyhow, what I mean to say is that I am really liking the job so far and my co-workers have made me feel right at home.

That aside, you may be surprised that you didn't hear from me again over my week off (well, really, if you follow this blog at all it's not THAT surprising) but it got crazy like a horse busy as soon as I hit "publish post". Lots of new illustration work to show you to make up for my poor blogging. That is for another day.

Today, I want to mention cool thing #3 (and yes, 2010 is still the shiznit) which is the first completed painting of the year.

I will start by telling you that I try to do a painting for one special loved one every year for Christmas. It's always a one of a kind, never scanned for future usage, special made piece for that individual. This year I chose to make a painting for my old college roommate and brother from another mother, Brad. This is his painting, which he seemed to really like.


It's based on an old t-shirt he's had since grade 5 that he is proud to say is still in his wardrobe today. Here is the original:

And here is my take on it. I made it a bit ghetto cool as Brad is what you would call "hip".

Oh, and I didn't end up getting anything up on etsy again- shucks. I will continue to look for time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment