Monday, March 29, 2010

3...2...1... SOFT LAUNCH TIME!

I finally did it!!

After a year of multiple free two week trials I have finally committed to the purchase of my new website! Can you believe it? It's about time! I am saying that I've softly launched it as I haven't had much time to do any uploading of art and am going to do some more customization to the pages. Let me tell you this, my friends. My updates will be MUCH more frequent. Feel free to visit my website more than once a year and know that you'll see something new!

So, as if you wouldn't know, my website is www.clairemanning.com. Let me know what you think so far!

I completed a promotion for Three in Box last week with the theme of fairy tales. I knew that I wanted to go with The Ugly Duckling as my tale but had a hard time trying to nail down a concept. I wanted to use a twist to the story and thought of doing a "guide to being different" as told through the duckling story. I could not for the life of me figure out a layout that I liked with this idea so I went back to the drawing board and focused more on design. I was very happy with my end result. Fingers crossed that others do too!


I've also had my work in the Octopus Project show since my last post. Here are a few shots of my whole piece. The inspiration of the piece is the sound of a phone ringing and a man picking up to say "hello?". I however, heard a male killer whale on that phone instead.




This week I am painting a piece for yet another show- this one is themed "manimals!". The idea for this one came fastly and furiously and I can't wait to show you the final product. I'll be sure to post it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment