Saturday, January 8, 2011

Claire loves... New York AND Cat's Night Out

Happy Saturday!
I have officially survived one of the hardest weeks I've ever had. I've had my chance to mourn the loss of my Grandma, and now it's time to celebrate her life, and since Grandma loved to travel it seems appropriate that I'm sitting here at Pearson Airport waiting for a plane to take me to New York City. As I mentioned earlier this week, my day job is sending me to the Printsource print and pattern trade show. I'm there to help prepare for the Spring 2011 season that I will start working on soon. I have to say that I'm pretty excited to be there for my own reasons. I have followed this show from afar for many years on the design blogs I follow, and one day I would love to be a vendor there myself. I really can't wait to oogle all the wonderful arty goodness! I will post from the show when I'm there to share it all with you!

I have some arty goodness to tide you over until Monday. Seeing at I'm in a New York state of mind, I wanted to introduce you to a book I was given over the holidays thatI have fallen in LOVE with called "Cat's night out".




It's by Caroline Stutson and illustrated by someone I'd never heard of before but now follow religiously, Jon Klassen
The story breaks my heart in the best way- it's all about cats dancing at night in NYC. All kinds of dance- samba, tap, line dancing... it's totally amazing. The illustrations are stunning AND adorable. Jon's style is great- his use of traditional mediums mixed with digital is seamless and what I strive to attain in my own work. I love to grungy feel of his work in this particular book.



Image owned by Jon Klassen

Jon's blog is pretty great too- I would check it out if I were you!

I will be in touch in a few days with lots of New York fun. For now, I've got a plane to catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment