Thursday, March 3, 2011

CORRECTION!

So, I was wrong.

Pancake Tuesday, better known as Shrove Tuesday to the religious or Fat Tuesday to those in New Orleans, is actually THIS COMING TUESDAY. I say this because I caused a ruckus in a friend's household that ended in spontaneous pancakes. This, I believe, is a good thing. So, this Tuesday March the 8th get out your frying pan 'cause it's pancake time! Since my sweet is not down with sweets for dinner (hence my sad last post) I think I'll try this savoury style cake I found initially on Apartment Therapy's The Kitchn but is originally from Spabetty...

SPINACH PANCAKES! 
Sourced from Spabetty
These babies are gluten free (as is the Spabetty blog) and are mostyl spinach. How could Ronaldo say no? I really love how she made an egg sandwich out of them. Click the Spabetty link above for the full recipe! 

Now that I've set everything right, here's an update from a while back. You may remember my goal to make lots of Christmas presents. I gave you sneak peeks of one gift in particular. Well, Christmas came in February for my dear friend Morgan. The reveal for you..
 I sewed and embroidered a tree skirt!
 I'm very happy to say that Morgan loved it! I had no pattern. By the seat of my pants I flew with this one and it turned out better than I could have imagined. I know no one is going to want to make a Christmas tree skirt this close to Pancake Tuesday so I will re-post about this in the fall with a full description of how I made it so you can make one too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment