Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sometimes when a door closes....

I have had a small stroke of luck!

The piece that I wrote about last week that I missed the deadline to submit to a certain show is actually going to be displayed at another show starting next week. I was on Akimbo last week (which is a great artist resource, by the way) and found another gallery's call for submission that had a deadline that I could meet no problem and that's show theme fell into what I had just painted. I submitted and was accepted! Totally lucky girl, eh?

Sourced from www.g1313.org
The show is at Gallery 1313, at 1313 Queen Street West here is Toronto. The show is called ECO ART exhibition 2011 and will feature artists from across Canada depicting ecological and environmental issues and subjects through their work. This show is leading up to Earth Hour, where the world's occupants are to turn off their power sources for one hour between 8:30 PM and 9:30 PM. It's really neat to see in a city as big as Toronto. The whole place goes dark! It's a statement with impact to say the least.

The show opens on Thursday March 17th. This is possibly the greenest day of the year, even if it's not so linked to the environment. I would be honoured if you would join me at the opening from 7-9PM that night. If you can't make it that evening do not fear. The show runs from March 16th though March 27th. Please visit the Gallery 1313 website for details on location and hours. 

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment